Mission & Goals
The YMCA is a leading non-profit cause, committed to delivering programs that meet our areas of focus: youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. YMCA camps have been in operation for over 125 years, with YMCA Camp Bernie running continuously since 1957. We believe that all people deserve the opportunity to explore the outdoors, try new things and overcome challenges, all within a safe and nurturing environment.
We are welcoming to all people and believe that a camp experience offers a lifetime of possibilities. Our programs build skills and emotional wellness through interactive, hands on activities. We encourage healthy lifestyles through active, outdoor educational and recreational opportunities. We are committed to offering children, in particular, the chance to engage with others and build a lifetime of memories that will guide and impact them through adulthood.
The YMCA Mission
- To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
YMCA Camp Bernie's Goals:
- Provide a safe and healthy camping experience through careful supervision.
- Offer a variety of activities where kids succeed. Build confidence, develop skills, make new friends and have fun.
- Teach values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility that foster cooperation, trust, integrity, and accountability for actions.
- Experience diversity in a positive and accepting environment.
- Experience adventure in the outdoors and instill an appreciation for nature.