Since 1902, the Ridgewood YMCA and its branch locations have stood for caring, honesty, respect and responsibility, providing programs and activities that build strong kids, strong families and strong communities. The YMCA embraces people of all ages, incomes, abilities, religions and ethnic backgrounds; we are for everyone.
AT THE Y, STRENGTHENING COMMUNITY IS OUR CAUSE.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y nurtures the potential of every youth and teen, improves the families’ health and well-being, and provides opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
Since 1902, the Ridgewood YMCA has stood for caring, honesty, respect and responsibility, and has provided programs designed to teach and promote the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
The YMCA embraces people of all ages, incomes, abilities, religions and ethnic backgrounds; we are for everyone.
We need your support to help children and teens grow up happy and strong; to support families in their efforts to be successful and to make our communities safer, healthier, better places to live and work.
The YMCA Camp Bernie and Oak Street Branch rely on the generous support of hundreds of donors every year to ensure that its programs and facilities are available to all. Our commitment is that every person can be a member of the YMCA regardless of economic circumstances.
When you give to the Y, your gift will have a meaningful, enduring impact right in your own neighborhood.
Your donation helps to support the Ridgewood Y Good Works Programs, which include:
· Summer camp and swim program scholarships
· Peer support, mentoring and autistic therapy programs
· Employment for special needs students
· “Living Strong, Living Well” fitness program for cancer patients and survivors
· “Delay the Disease” exercise program for those struggling with Parkinson’s Disease
· Fellowship and fitness therapy programs for senior citizens and adults with mobility issues
· Financial support for YMCA family memberships and programs
· Scholarships for families of deployed military personnel
· Volunteer opportunities for youth and adults
· Free yoga for Veterans suffering from PTSD
The Good Works Programs are the core of what the Y stands for - Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility, the results of which we see everyday in the faces of those who participate. A contribution in any amount would ensure these programs are available to everyone who needs them.
If your employer has a matching gift plan, please complete the matching gift form and forward it to the Ridgewood YMCA, 55 N. Broad Street, Ridgewood, NJ 07450, attention Lew Dickinson.
Please contact Administrative office at (201) 444-5600, ext. 324 for instructions and appropriate forms.
If you are making a donation to the United Way, please designate the Ridgewood YMCA as the recipient of your United Way gift. The Ridgewood YMCA is not a United Way agency and only receives United Way donations through recipient designations.
Members of the Heritage Club provide an inspiring legacy of support to the Ridgewood YMCA through their donations and charitable gift plans. Individuals, corporations and foundations are welcomed into the Heritage Club by donating directly to the Endowment Fund or upon informing the Ridgewood YMCA that provisions have been made to include the YMCA as part of their estate planning.
Donations to the Endowment Fund ensure the future of the Ridgewood YMCA, its Oak Street Branch and YMCA Camp Bernie. Be sure to consult your legal and financial professionals when drafting wills or other estate plans.
Ways to donate to the Endowment Fund and become a member of the Heritage Club include:
- Make an outright gift of cash, securities, property or other marketable assets
- Name the Ridgewood YMCA to receive a bequest in your will
- Name the Ridgewood YMCA as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy
- Name the Ridgewood YMCA as the recipient of your retirement plan benefits
- Create a charitable trust, gift annuity, or life estate program (be sure to consult your legal and financial professionals)
Please contact Administrative office in the Development Office at (201) 444-5600, ext. 324 for more information regarding the Heritage Club.